The organizational meeting for the Community Development Plan Citizens Task Force is scheduled for Thursday, April 13, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at City Hall. Registration will begin at 5:45 p.m.
The purpose of the task force, functioning as a citizens advisory body, is to facilitate seamless communication between the residents, local businesses, and the City of Ogdensburg. The prime objective of this task force is to extend guidance to the members of City Council via the City Manager in developing a community development plan. In addition, the task force will proactively arrange regular forums to foster citizen participation, encouraging their active involvement in shaping advisory recommendations.
The following goals have been established for the task force:
- The task force aims to gather diverse ideas and collaborate with current boards, committees, councils, businesses, and stakeholders.
- The task force will review the existing draft Community Development Plan, augment it, identify necessary resources and next steps.
- The insights gained will facilitate the development of a sustainable plan that can guide future decisions and actions.
- The task force will create a Charter Document that the city staff and Council can use as a reference for future planning.
- The task force will present ongoing concerns and focus areas to the Council as a united voice representing the community, in a centralized and organized manner.
The task force members will be selected at the organizational meeting. The public is encouraged to attend.