Planning & Development
330 Ford St.
Ph: (315) 393-7150
Fx: (315) 393-7401
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Director of Planning & Development is the Chief Policy Advisor to the City Manager and City Council on any matter effecting the physical and
economic development of the City. The Director of Planning & Development:
- Acts as executive secretary of the Planning Board.
- Provides staff assistance to the Planning Board.
- Provides staff assistance to the Zoning Board of Appeals in all matters under its jurisdiction.
- Advises and assists the City Manager and the City Council in regard to the physical planning and public improvement aspects of all matters related to the planning and development of the City.
- Conducts continuous studies and collects statistical and other data to serve as the basis for planning and development recommendations.
- Administers the plan of land use controls within the City of Ogdensburg. Studies the operation and effect of land use controls and their administration within the City of Ogdensburg.
- Develops and administers programs and activities for the rehabilitation of housing and conservation of neighborhoods.
- Develops and administers programs and activities for urban renewal and redevelopment, and provides staff assistance to any agency created for such purposes.
- Develops and administers programs and activities for the improvement of the social and cultural characteristics of the community.
- Develops and administers programs and activities for the physical expansion, improvement and development of the City.
- Prepares and submits, with such help as may be necessary from other appropriate departments, offices or agencies, all applications for federal, state or private grants in aid for construction, maintenance or operation of facilities or for programs or activities.