Ogdensburg, NY


What is involved in filing a claim against the City?

Claims against the City are filed with the City Clerk's Office and must include the date, time and place of the incident. Copies of bills or estimates should also be included.

How do I obtain a Peddler's Permit?

Profit and Non-Profit Peddler Permits to solicit in the City are issued through the City Clerk's Office. Application must be made to the City Clerk's Office prior to the issuance of a permit.

Peddler Permits

What do I need for a genealogical search?

The fee for each search is $22. Request the form for all state rules and regulations pertaining to searches prior to beginning the process.


How do I obtain a Handicapped Parking Permit

The City Clerk's Office issues permits to City residents only. A completed State form, which can be obtained from the City Clerk's Office, must be filled out by the physician and returned to the City Clerk's Office, either in person or by mail.

Handicapped Parking Permit

How do I obtain a US passport?

The Ogdensburg City Clerk's Office is not a Passport Acceptance Agency. You can obtain US Passport information at the St. Lawrence County Clerk's Office or the Ogdensburg Post Office.

US Postal Service - Passport Information

Where do I get a dog license? What is the fee?

Dog licenses are issued in the City Clerk's Office for dogs harbored in the City of Ogdensburg. Paperwork showing a current rabies vaccination and proof of spaying or neutering must be presented at the time of issuing the license. Licenses are renewable each year. Yearly fee: spayed or neutered dog - $10; unspayed or unneutered dog - $18.

Dog Licenses

How do I obtain a copy of a death certificate?

Death certificates can only be released to the informant, spouse or children, with proper identification and proof of relationship. The fee is $10.

Death Certificates

How do I obtain a copy of a birth certificate?

Birth certificates can only be released to the individual or their parents with proper identification. The fee is $10.

Birth Certificates

How do I obtain a copy of my marriage certificate?

Marriage license information is available to the bride, groom or legal representative with proper identification. The fee is $10. Marriage certificates are on file where the marriage license was purchased, not where the marriage ceremony was performed.

Marriage Certificates

Where is City Hall located?

City Hall is located at 330 Ford Street, Ogdensburg, NY 13669. Hours of operation: 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday.


How do I obtain a marriage license?

Both parties must appear together in the City Clerk's Office with their certified birth certificate or valid passport, photo identification (driver’s license, non-driver’s license or valid passport), and they must provide their social security number. If either party has been previously divorced, they will need to provide a certified copy of each and every divorce decree with Judge’s signature and County Clerk’s file stamp. The fee is $40.

Marriage Licenses

How do I get married at the City Clerk's Office?

The fee for the marriage ceremony is $50. There is a 24-hour waiting period from the time the marriage license is purchased until the marriage ceremony can be performed. If you wish to make an appointment to be married by the Marriage Officer, please let staff know at the time of purchase of the marriage license. The Marriage Officer will provide certified marriage documents immediately following the ceremony. If you are married elsewhere, there will be a longer period of time before you receive the legal documents.

Do you accept debit or credit cards as a form of payment?

Not at this time.

Where do I vote?

NYS Voter Public Information – Voter Registration Search

NYS Voter Registration Search

How do I request information (FOIL) from the City?

Full instructions for requesting information from the City of Ogdensburg can be found on the City Clerk's page. The link "Public Access Records" will give you step-by-step instructions for requesting public documents. More information regarding the Freedom of Information Law can be found on the NYS Department of State, Committee on Open Government page.

Committee on Open Government